Sunday 17 March 2013

Context of Practice: Visual Research

These are some visual research boards of my idea for the practical side of this module. I wanted to concentrate on the consumer culture topic of my essay and found inspiration from my example of Barber Kruger's 'I shop therefore I am'. My idea is to create a 'no brand' brand for a fashion company which contradicts itself by promoting the consumer culture by appearing against it. To achieve this I am going to 'rip off' and use the style of Kruger's art to confuse it's true meaning and use. The fashion company is going to mock the consumer but using the means of the culture it will be so new and now with it's trend that the consumer goes for it despite this. To do this it is going to rip off and repeat everything like the current culture of the 'hipster' who rip off previous subcultures to combine into a new unoriginal one which stands for nothing and is just a fashion statement. One way I thought this could work well is if I translate this western idea across cultures to Japan so the message get's confused or the opposite way round and have Japan sell this idea of western world to them without them able to translate it. My publication could be a piece of promotion or a look book for the fashion company with editorial design using photography.





No comments:

Post a Comment