Wednesday 9 January 2013

Design Production: Typographic Restaurants


Cielito Querido Café

I pretty much stopped in my tracks when I spot­ted this amaz­ing Mexican chain of cafés recently on We Heart. Designed by Esrawe in col­lab­o­ra­tion with Ignacio Cadena, Cielito Querido Café is right up my alley — every­thing from the inte­rior to the pack­ag­ing is drenched in sat­u­rated color, pat­tern and typog­ra­phy. If you like what you see, you can check out some more images and get more infor­ma­tion on their Facebook page.

Above images from the Cielito Querido Café website.

All above images are from We Heart. (Unfortunately I can’t find a credit for the pho­tog­ra­pher, so if you hap­pen to have that info please let me know.)

Sis, Deli and Café

I am in love with the graphic black and white pat­tern that adorns the iden­tity for Sis Café and Deli by Rasmus Snabb.
Sis Cafe and Deli 01
Sis Cafe and Deli 02
Sis Cafe and Deli 03
http://www.designworklife.com


I looked at how typography is used in delis within the design and interior. A lot of the typography is best on the food and menu on products and display boards but also decorative as well. The first two uses a lot of bright colour and it makes the atmosphere seem a bit chaotic and crazy. The other is direct opposition and uses black and white with very basic typography which gives a more simple, professional appearance of brand.

The black and white appearance is definatly more what I am trying to achieve in my design and concept of deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment