Monday 5 November 2012

Design Production: Websites for Peace

I decided to look at websites promoting events for peace to get an idea on whats already out there and at what information they had in the navigation.
This one has a central layout with a clear navigation but its boring, uses large text and has a variety of different fonts used.

This has large text with an uninteresting layout with nothing exciting happening. It does have a clear navigation and snippets of events to cause interest.

This is a very formal website which comes across professional but serious. I want my website to be fun and engaging to cause action in playful, creative manner.


This website comes across as quite dark and theres alot of contrast between the background image and the container image. It includes a countdown which is something i've considered but its given a confusing message.

I looked at the ICAN website when I was doing my scamps to get some idea on how they fitted the elements all on the homepage. I was reminded that theres alot more space on the page to use and that it does have to be a slim central alignment, it could be wider. This helped me arrange everything I wanted in a clear layout without compromising on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment