Sunday 13 May 2012

CoP: Design Development

When creating my publication i found some problems transferring over the principles i had created on illustrator over to indesign. I had originally created them at A3 scale and was now working in A4 and wasn't aware of how i could move them over other than copy and paste in. When doing this it left the text muddled and i was unable to edit it how i wanted as i now had to alter the text font to fit with the rest of the publication. I then was informed about the link file and place option but originally it only allowed the first art board. I overcame this issue by changing the settings and selecting which art boards i wanted to place. I linked the to files together and altered the scale to fit the page size. When i started doing this i realised there were issues in scaling them because each page was scaling differently to fit and therefore this altered all the text sizes which i wanted to stay continuous in size. I decided to move the art boards in illustrator into a different file with art boards size A4 and scale them there, changing the font to the one i wanted for the publication and relinking the new files to indesign. This worked well and i just had to rearrange according the publication. I then added the titles to each page using the say typeface as the others creating continuous flow. I didn't like the scale i originally tried as everything seemed quite squashed so i tried a smaller scale.
Publication:
I put in place holder text until the layout was ready to put the content in.
























I added a title page within the publication that will appear after the the hardback cover



I altered the contents page as it seems quite squashed and i still have pages to add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment