Monday 13 January 2014

CoP: Practical Development


During the photoshoots I tried comparing the two images next to each other as the images will follow each other. You can see from these in contrast to the chosen images how they didn't work well due to the different factors such as tone, layout, items etc.

After much time photographing numerous variations I selected my final images for the ad campaign. I edited them slightly to make the two images have the same tone and lighting.










Once I had prepared the images I could apply text and branding to make them into a campaign.

On the first image the copy consists of the name of the persona/s and items are surrounded by a dotted line. The second image contains the product name, description and price displayed next to the product like Ikea's usual branding and is surrounded by a dotted outline. This draws the connection between the initial chaotic items and the condensed organised items with the Ikea product being used.  The second image also contains the tag line that runs throughout the whole campaign tying them all together.







Due to the structure of the female personas image it was more relevant to be applied to the context of the catalogue. This extends the campaign to different formats and media.

I wanted the two images to follow on from each rather than appear on the same double page spread. Therefore I mocked up an example page of the catalogue using my own imagery that acts as an experience set up. I mimicked Ikea's catalogue styling to make it as authentic as possible.


I tried both colour and black and white imagery.

For the first image I thought of adding an image of the persona as Ikea often use images of actual people for there campaigns. This can be seen from the images of the designers in store and the people who appear in there photographs.

It was hard to find the right image but I experimented with a few to see which fitted best.

I first tried the title page which features in there latest catalogue with the image cropped like a short profile on my first image.
I decided atheistically this didn't look as good as I had hoped as it made the page crowded and lost  the focus therefore I split the two. The double page spread now consisted the image of the persona taking up a whole page and taking on the atheistic of the title pages they have running throughout. I did a dotted line around the person to tie it in with the concept and style of the campaign as well as making it clear that it's referring to the person. I also used the name details and age to adapt the usual product name, description and price into a persona.

This follows Ikea's brand identity as well as showing the theory of peoples identity being made up of there belongings. By using the product styling of copy for the information of the personas profile it shows how people are objectified by consumerism and the brands that they buy are a reflection to others of there identity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment