Tuesday 12 November 2013

CoP: Dissertation tutorial 1

I had a dissertation tutorial with Richard where I brought him up to date with where my research and practical was.

Practical:
My practical is an extension to all ready existing image of IKEA and it's marketing. My concept demonstrates the underlying factor of fluid and solid identity by Bauman where are identity is missing and we build and create our own by shopping around and form it from our processions. Commercial wise it shows IKEAS mission statement of solutions to everyday problems by filling in that gap of need for a certain personas problem. By laying out the objects that build this identity it shows that we instantly think of a certain stereotype when we see these objects bought together.

We went through the structure of the essay briefly in reference to chapters and how to structure the information I'd gathered.

Now I need to do a formal essay plan where I break down each chapter so I am clear in what info is going where before I start writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment