Sunday 9 December 2012

Responsive: Design Process 2 - Batiste

 Current products - there was a lot more than I thought there were and completely not what I was expecting, in particular the types eg. graffiti
 Newest product
Reviews:


Review: Batiste Dry Shampoo Dark and Deep Brown

I can honestly say that this product is a life saviour! There are days where my hair is a big old, greasy uncontrollable mess, and the only way to tame the beast is by reaching out to this can of magic spray - with a couple of spritzes my hair is instantly more manageable.

Batiste is a renowned brand in the hair industry; their cheap and effective dry shampoos have grown to become very popular within a small time frame, and may now be found in most stores around the high street (Boots, Superdrug, Tesco's - almost any store that pops to mind). My first encounter with the brand was in fact while reading a blog post, and i remember that at this stage the product was still being marketed and so was not yet distributed at any major stores. I had never come across a "dry shampoo", so i was very much intrigued by it! There was nothing but positive comments towards the first "Original" Batiste; i found myself anxiously strolling down the hair aisle at my local superdrug, awaiting for this amazing product to hit the shelves. After much anticipation, i finally found it and i literally ran home to test it out! The product certainly did the job described on the can - the grease had been absorbed, and the hair looked clean and voluminous - a great 5minute result for a lazy girl like myself! However, after a second use of the white spray, i found that the roots of my hair were left with an ashy grey tone. The grease problem was solved, but now i was left with what looked like a major case of dandruff! My initial adoration for the shampoo died; i really wanted to love the product since there was such a rave about it in the blogging community, but what was supposed to be a quick convenient 5minute solution resulted in a 2hour wash and blow dry. Boohoo.

Months followed by and i came to realise that i wasn't the only person with this problem; there was a range of negative comments popping up in forums where people complained that the product was not suitable for the wider public, but simply limited for those of lighter hair colour. Batiste must have noticed the wave of negative feedback because they soon launched a new tinted range of alternatives in order to match all hair tones. I did notice these in store, but after such a bad first experience i did not care to give it a second chance. However, a day came where in great desperation i put all my hesitation behind me, and brought "Batiste Dark & Deep Brown" without any second thoughts - note to self, do not go overboard with hair serum testers at Boots or will end up looking as if head has just been dipped in a bowl of oil.

 New tinted shampoo to match dark toned hair (whereas the original was a white spray that would be more noticeable against the dark background)

 My problem was soon solved, and i consequently restored my initial love for this product; the fault was never the effect of the dry shampoo because it did provide the solution described on the label, my problem was simply based on the fact that my hair was left with a ashey residue. But now that this problem was resolved with the new tinted version, i had no reason to complain - this is now currently my go to solution for whenever my hair is playing up.

Below, pictures of heavy, flat and greasy hair:


Pictures after Batiste, hair is lose, more voluminous and dramatically less greasy:


I hope you guys enjoyed this review, and if you haven't previously tried Batiste then i suggest you run to the store and give it a go! You can also purchase a conveniently small travel size bottle to carry in your bag for those quick shape ups :)

You can buy Batiste Dry Shampoo from the following (UK) websites: 
Retails at £3.99 a pop

Have a great day, Lots of Love
Ana
X
http://cupcakesandflowers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/review-batiste-dry-shampoo-dark-and.html

Yummy Mummy - Batiste Dry Shampoo Review

Dry Shampoo has always been one of my must have beauty items. I use to have to wash my hair everyday which as you know if not great for your hair, Plus how tedious is washing and drying your hair everyday. Since using dry shampoo I can was my hair every third day


I've also found its good to use if you have used a bit too much styling product on your hair and you are left with limp looking hair, use this and it with perk your hair up a bit and give it a bit of extra body and volume.

This is a really good basic product that everybody needs in their life. There are lots of other dry shampoos but I am a Batiste lover and I don't really feel I need to try any other products.
http://www.yummymummyintraining.co.uk/2012/11/yummy-mummy-batiste-dry-shampoo-review.html

Batiste Dry Shampoo for Red Hair - Review




I am ever jealous of those who have red hair and it would be just my luck that I am slightly allergic
to red hair pigments...sigh!

Much like having a dark hair colour dry shampoo can often be troublesome as it can leave behind
a white cast on the hair regardless of how well you apply and massage the product into the hair.

Well those clever folk at Batiste have recently launched a speciality dry shampoo just for red haired beauties
(there is already two versions for dark hair), that not only refreshes the hair as well as masking any oily roots
in-between washes but features a slight red tone that blends into red hair but could also help those
who colour their hair red to disguise any tell tale signs of re-growth due to the tinted formula.

I have dark hair which is almost black so I can't show you this in action but I have sprayed a little
on to paper to show you the tone of the tint - a fairly bright red with a hint of copper
and can vouch that it has a light fresh floral scent that is slightly milder than some of the other Batiste
dry shampoos I have tried in the past!

Batiste Dry Shampoo for Red Hair* 200ml/£2.50 via Boots - link

but is also available in selected UK Supermarkets and Superdrug
 stores.

http://www.thesundaygirl.com/2012/10/batiste-dry-shampoo-for-red-hair-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment