Monday 21 November 2011

CoP: Choice of Essay



Question 2:
Choosing a particular period from 1800 to the present, in what ways has art or design responded to the changing social and cultural forces of that period? ( specific examples)

I have chosen this question and the particular period of the russian revolution in the early 1900's as i found the seminor very interesting due to the fact i'd never learnt anything about it before or about the histroy of art/design. I felt i could actually get my head around it and alot of it made sense to me therefore thought i'd be the best opition for me to base my essay.

Frist five books for my biblography:

Lodder,C.(1983) 'Russian Constuctivism' ,Yale University Press, London
709.47

Cooke,C. (1989) 'Russian Constructivism and Iakov Chernikhov', Academy Editions, Switzerland
724.9 CHE

Anikst, M.A, Baburina, N.I. & Chernevich, Elena (1990) 'Russian Graphic Design, 1880-1917', Abbeville Press, New York
741.604

Ross, B. (1997) 'Stenberg Brothers: constructing a revolution in Soviet design', Museum of Modern Art, New York
709.47

Barabanoc,Y. Rosenfield, A. Bowlt, J.E. (1998)'Forbidden Art: the postwar Russian avant-garde' Curatorial Assistance, Inc.,  Pasadena
709.47

I chose these five books in relation to my essay topic because they are all looking at the particular time period in which i am interested in as well the art and design that changed due to social and cultural forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment