Monday 22 April 2013

Context of Practice: Saltaire Mill Bookshop

I went to saltaire mill's bookshop and found some lovely books on pop art, in particular Lichtenstein. I looked at how the idea of his work was translated across to the layout and the atheistic of the text and images in the publication as to influence my own design decisions in getting across the atheistic of pop art in my own. I also picked out key images that I liked and thought could be translated across to images of Fashion e.g. the can being sprayed could be perfume and the ring part of jewellery and accessories.



I also found this publication on graffiti street art and stencils interesting due to it's concept of having the stencil sized to the book and placed between the information and the photography of the stencil in context. This adds a bit of interest to the book and makes it different by breaking up the information with this more interactive page. Users could use the stencils themselves if they removed them from the publication. It shows how the content of the book can be translated into the format and stock of the publication.


No comments:

Post a Comment