Wednesday 10 April 2013

Context of Practice: Brand Initiation

The translation of 'new'
I looked at translated it from japanese to chinese to create more confusion


As I planned on doing a Japanese brand I looked at the translation of 'new' in japanese and found one that represents creative, original, fresh, new etc. which was perfect for the name. I considered doing Chinese due to it's mass production but decided Japan was more fitting due to it's fashion crazy culture and obcession with trends.


I decided to use Japan as the source of this brand I was forming as it's language is one of the hardest languages to learn for the english and is near impossible to translate to those who don't no the language. In order to show the confusion between the culture the translated name of the brand will be 'Sum - ting - nu' which is an obvious westernised representation of there language using an eastern english accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment