Saturday 4 May 2013

Design Practice 2: How to.. Visual Investigation

One of my ideas was to create a poster that from different angles showed a different message expressing that each person would see the space differently. I struggled to find examples of such things to inspire me. I found this structural piece but other than the paper fold poster that i've experimented with before I did find anything. With the poster having to be flat I struggled to formulate ideas for how this could work.


One idea I had was the geometric shapes taking different patterns and if you focused on one pattern it would read one thing and another pattern, another message.


I looked for more geometric based design as I thought of how design was made up of shapes and the golden ratio circles. This could be used to create a typographic poster with the golden ratio sketched to form the letters.




A very different approach to 'exhibit'. This expression could be seen as a thoughtful look focusing on an exhibit.


Using stitch in a typographic poster:


Inspiration: How decorative letter forms could be stitched due to there lines.



No comments:

Post a Comment